Thursday, August 18, 2011

Random Muses

Today I'm just going to talk about how my ideas form.  And the honest answer is that I don't know.  My idea for my papercrafts came from a couple sources.  First I started to play with the idea of full size papercraft dungeons because I was looking for cheap miniature terrain.  But the time to construct it plus the fact it was hard to store large amounts once it was built.  So I put that to the side for now.  Then I was work and was stocking some freight at work ( I'm an overnight stocker at a local grocery store) and found these thick perfect square cardboard pieces.  Didn't know at the time what I was going to do with them, so I just put them aside and kept collecting them whenever I found them.  My wife tells me she doesn't even blink when I bring strange things anymore.  Then I found Dysons blog on Dungeon Geomorphs and thought I was going to make my own (even started but I'll put them up at another time).  But that also stalled out.  I don't know how it all came together but it kinda flooded together and you see the result.  Just to see what thing start out, the following drawing started out as just a doodle-





And I'm still not sure if its finished yet.  More on my process tomorrow.

Game Well my Friends

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment